Friday, May 15, 2009

ARE YOU LIKE ME?

Are you like me and don't quite fire on all cylinders first thing in the morning? Are you a little too busy at night that you don't have time to figure out what to wear the next day? Or are you just too darn lazy to think about it at all until you find yourself staring vacantly into your closet, thinking "I don't even know what's in here, let alone what to wear..."

I do stuff like this all the time. I'll think of great ideas for outfits at the most inopportune times. I usually try to jot them down, but then I just lose the note in the sea of receipts in my purse or pile of papers on the kitchen counter. I've finally had enough and decided that I need a little help in the morning. So, I give you my little personal assistant:

mem board

It's nothing more than a $5 French memory board hanging next to my closet. Each small piece of paper has 1 outfit idea on it. Now, when I think of things, I have a place to store the thought. Otherwise, it's out of sight, out of mind. Now, when I wake up with no clue what to wear, I won't even have to think about it. I can just look at all of the brainstorming I've already done and go with it.

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! i do almost the same thing, its just that I keep a list of outfits in a small palm size diary and keep ticking off the ones that i have worn once. Also I used to take out outfits for a whole week in advance, though now a days with extreme shortage of time, this diary really helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! I have been having some major bouts of un-inspired-ness (word??) and could seriously use an inspiration board. I've gotta do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea! I am the queen of sticky notes:( I do need to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! I normally think of an outfit, as you said, at awkward times, and then just rehearse it to myself until I can put it into practice, normally the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool! I have a notebook laying around that I throw ideas into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a notebook too, but I do it on post-it notes at work and end up losing them too, so this is awesome. Hmm, I wonder what my substitutes think when they find sticky notes- they all have math problems I was doing for my grad school test and outfits written down, I must look like a crazy woman.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from my awesome readers, so let me know what you're thinking! If you don't have a blog, please leave your email, so that I can respond and/or answer any questions. Always, Kyla

Related Posts with Thumbnails